Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) appears as one of the solutions that will tackle the issue of unemployment and lack of relevant skills for jobs to become a reality, through development of a skilled workforce who will operate skillfully and confidently in the various industries. A TVET system involves: theory of how stuff work, practice and fundamental elements of formal education. It is delivered through practical training in institutes and/or companies. TVET links skills in technology to practical occupations through involvement in real life trainings. It means to acquire relevant knowledge and skills for the work environment.
Technical Vocational Education Center (TVEC) is a vocational training institute established at Kihaadhoo, Baa Atoll. The aim of TVEC is to develop individuals, through a purposeful TVET, for the growing technical industries of the Maldives. Students in this institute will be provided with completely free education; food, accommodation, recreational facilities, and other basic requirements. The target group of candidates for the institute will be school leavers, youth, and adults interested in pursuing a career in the technical works and industries.
- To deliver, full-time and part-time courses of instruction and practical-oriented training in technical and vocational education
- To deliver a purposeful TVET, relevant to the needs and development of the technical and vocational industries of the Republic of Maldives
- To develop youth with substantial technical skills for employment opportunities
- To empower adults with non-formal education and skills through a formal and recognized education framework for sustainable employment opportunities
- To develop TVET trainers with relevant teaching skills for life-long employment opportunities
- TVEC provides completely free training and education.
- TVEC provides all facilities for students like accommodation, food, recreational facilities, internet facilities, tools and materials for training, and other basics.
- TVEC provides all approved courses from the authorities of Maldives.
- TVEC provides training through experienced personal from the field of technical works.
- TVEC provides its students easy access to future job market.
- TVEC provides work experience for its students in real work places.
- TVEC provides its best students with further education and training opportunities abroad.
- TVEC ensures your training is up-to-date with the needs of the industries.
- TVEC provides training through hands-on practice and takes only 15 weeks.
- assess its students through continuous competency assessments, without the hassle of written exams.
- Electrician level 1, level 2, and level 3 programmes.
- Engine Repair and Maintenance level 1, level 2, and level 3 programmes.
- Refrigeration and Air-conditioning level 1, level 2, and level 3 programmes.
- Plumbing works level 1, level 2, and level 3 programmes.